Sunday, June 10, 2012

I am back and welcome to PTC

Ok there really is no excuse for a 6 month break from blogging. So I don't have a reasonable excuse for being absent for so long though I appreciated the gentle e-mail prodding telling me to get off my ass and post from many of you!

The truth of the matter is I welcomed a 6 pound 11 bundle of joy into the world late last year and for those of you with your first child you know what a disruption that can be. So now that I am fully ensconced in nappy changes and being a world champion in my knowledge of the various colours of baby shit it's time to get back to the serious work of strength blogging!



The second most important news I have is that after long last Perth now has a new home for strength training:  Performance Training Centre Perth (PTC). As all of you know I have been preparing a business plan to kick off my own facility, not because I particularly want to own a gym but because I want a decent atmosphere and facility to train in. Well I can shelve those plans as proprietors Dan and Paul Rucci and Aaron Doyle have opened a fantastic facility catering for the novice and serious athlete alike. Whats more its only 10 minutes drive from home...yes SWEEET!




The guys are dedicated strength athletes and the facility reflects that philosophy. The floor plan is packed with all the equipment you need whether you are a powerlifter, bodybuilder or athlete. Equipment includes:

Equipment
2 x 2.4mx3m JME Weightlifting Platforms
1 x Force USA Power rack with band pegs
1 x Muscle Motion HPRSP Commercial Power Rack
1 x Squat Stand
1 x Force USA Flat Bench
1 x Flat Bench
3 x Incline Benches
1 x Muscle Motion GHD Commercial Glute Ham Raise
1 x Bench Press
1 x Muscle Motion Wall Mounted Chinup Bar
1 x Muscle Motion Wall Mounted Dip Bars
1 x SST Pair of Adjustable Barbell Stands with safety support
1 x WESTCARY Deadlift Jack

Bars
1 x Zhang Kong 20kg Competition Olympic Bar IWF Approved
2 x Pendlay 20kg Bushing Class HD NexGen Olympic Barbells
1 x Ironedge Olympic Barbell
1 x ABC Power Bar
1 x Ironedge Power Bar
1 x Gym Direct Hex Shrug Deadlift Bar (27kg)
1 x Force USA Commercial Hex Trap Bar (25kg)
1 x Force USA Commercial Grade Olympic Fat Bar (150mm)
1 x The Log Bar (40.5kg)

They also have two shiny new deadlift platforms as you can see from the shot below and two heavy duty power cages with monkey chin bars. Every damn plate is new and weighs exactly whats printed on the side.

Below is a view of  Dan coaching a new member and yes I am sure Dan was flexing the guns for this shot! Actually I think its Dan, the only problem is that Dan and Paul are twins and half the time I forget which one I am bloody talking to!  It doesn't matter though as Dan, Paul and Aaron are first class and make you feel welcome the minute you step through the door. Since I have joined the lads have provided coaching, spotting and general guidance at every session. Let me tell you it makes a hell of a difference when squatting to have 2 or three knowledgeable guys stop,watch your form and provide cues such as 'sit back'  and 'spread the feet'.

In the first 3 sessions with the guys I have already picked up a number of simple technical flaws that have been holding me back.


Recently EliteFts posted an article the talked about Steve Pulcinella's triangle of domination for lifting which included heavy training, big eating and attitude. I think the missing link is atmosphere and PTC Perth has it in spades. In fact the only problem I have is that I spend each session walking around with a dumb grin on my face: still can't believe this facility is open!




Most of you would be familiar with the litany of horror stories I have endured trying to find a decent venue. Highlights include:
  • gym owner telling me that he is really making it a hard core facility..while taping a sign to the power cage that says 'No Chalk'
  • asking owner of the gym I was looking to join where the deadlift platform is....and hearing the response "Whats a deadlift ?!!!"
  • squatting with bars so poorly maintained the collar and sleeve of one end falls off
  • gyms where heavy day is cable cross over followed by preacher curls
Well that is all in the past thanks to Performance Training Centre Perth. If you are serious about your training, want a no bullshit approach with guys who actually care about your progress, want a gym that has the best strength equipment?  Then give Dan, Paul and Aaron a call and sign up its the best move you will make for your training (oh and mention Thomo sent you)...seriously stop f....ing around and call the guys TODAY!


PTC Perth
Address:
3/5 Millrose Drive
Malaga, WA, 6090
http://www.ptcperth.com.au/
Ph: 0408 947 755
paul@ptcperth.com.au
ptcperth.com.au










No comments:

Post a Comment